When you share information with us, we can improve the services offered to you. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Your privacy matters to Bridge Instructors, LLC (Website or site), and we are committed to protecting your privacy. So please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions feel free to contact us.
This site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal data on our website from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our site is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access this site at any time or in any manner.
We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal data of persons less than 13 years of age that has been collected on our site without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such personal data.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us.
For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Bridge Instructors Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your first and last name, email address, and ACBL number.
- Information we get from your use of our services.
We may collect information about the Bridge Instructors services that you use and how you use them, such as when you register for a lesson. This information includes:
- Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Bridge Instructors may associate your device identifiers with your account.
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by Bridge Instructors, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Bridge Instructors account.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit Bridge Instructors, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifies to your device.
- Device information
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Bridge Instructors and our users.
We may use the name you provide for your Bridge Instructors profile across all of the services we offer that require a Bridge Instructors Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Bridge Instructors Account so that you are represented in a fashion consistent to the site. We will also show other users your publicly visible Bridge Instructors profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact Bridge Instructors, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements, or to notify you when something you’re interested in has occurred on our site, like activity on a specific thread.
Personal information may be shared and disclosed as needed as part of DMCA compliance process.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, in your Account Settings you can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your Bridge Instructors Account through the Bridge Instructors Profile editor
- View and edit your e-mail notification preferences. You can also opt out of certain categories of Bridge Instructors emails.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
2. About cookies
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
3. Our cookies
We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
4. Analytics cookies
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website.
Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
5. Third party cookies
Our website may use third party cookies.
6. Blocking cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
(a) in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
(b) in Firefox (version 47) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
(c) in Chrome (version 52), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customize and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
7. Deleting cookies
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
(a) in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files.
(b) in Firefox (version 47), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
(c) in Chrome (version 52), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customize and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
8. Our details
This website is owned and operated by Bridge Instructors, LLC, which is registered in the State of Florida and the registered office is at 1140 Vintner Blvd. Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
You can contact us:
(a) by post, using the postal address 1140 Vintner Blvd. Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410.
(b) using our website contact form; or
(d) by email, at support@bridgeInstructors.com.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Bridge Instructors. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. Unless an exception applies, we must allow you to see the personal information we hold about you, within a reasonable time period, for no charge. Most personal information can be accessed by logging into your account. If you wish to access information that is not accessible through the platform, or wish to obtain all personal information we hold on you, please contact support@bridgeInstructors.com.
You also have the right to request the correction of the personal information we hold about you. Most of your personal information can be updated through the Account Settings pages. If you require assistance please contact us.
Individual Rights in the European Economic Area: If you are a Citizen of or are located in the European Economic Area, you may seek confirmation regarding whether Bridge Instructors is processing personal information about you, request access to your personal information, and ask that we correct, amend or delete your personal information. In addition, you may object to Bridge Instructors processing of your personal information at any time. However, doing so may impact your use of Bridge Instructors products and services.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Bridge Instructors unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Bridge Instructors when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Bridge Instructors if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Bridge Instructors, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
If Bridge Instructors is involved in a merger, acquisition, or asset sale, then your personal information may be transferred to a third party.
We work hard to protect Bridge Instructors and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt our site and your data using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Bridge Instructors employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Rights to access and control your personal data. You have the right to access your personal information that is collected or used by Bridge Instructors. We offer you settings to control and manage the personal data we have about you.
- Right to change or correct data. You can change, update or fix your data.
- Right to Right to restriction of processing. You have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject;
- the processing is unlawful;
- Bridge Instructors no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- You have filed a claim to processing data, pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Bridge Instructors override yours.
- Right to take your data. You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
- Right to delete data. You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data where one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- there is no legal ground for the processing;
- personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in law to which the controller is subject;
- the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services.
- Right to lodge a complaint. You have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of the country in which you reside.